AW: Looperlative LP1 - sample rate

I think of squares as superposition of sines.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: gareth.whitcock [mailto:gareth.whitcock@ntlworld.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. Dezember 2005 21:21
An: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Betreff: Re: Looperlative LP1 - sample rate

If you're sending a square wave into a speaker, the speaker will
(not very succesfully) to
push itself in and out without any in-between values. No sampler can
a sine wave from a square.
How would it know that you wanted a sine wave? Think of sines and
squares as
just different shapes.Your
speaker cone will try to "draw" the shapes in the air.