Mackie-QuadraVerb Question

Hi Folks,

Here's a question even the leprachauns and the squirrels couldn't answer.

I've got two options to set the Mackie 1202vlz up with the QuadraVerb here:

1. Mackie Main Outs (L/R)
    -> QuadraVerb (L/R)
    -> Line-in (PC)

or

2. Mackie Aux2 Out (mono)
    -> QuadraVerb (mono)
    -> QuadraVerb (L/R) Out
    -> Mackie Aux2 Return (L/R)
    -> Mackie Main Outs (L/R)
    -> Line-in (PC)

The reason for such would be obvious to a 1202vlz user, as both Aux Returns
on the Mackie are Mono out.  The Main Outs of course are Stereo, which the
QuadraVerb accepts.

On one level the simplicity of signal path in #1 would attract, and I've
used that config for a while.  But I wonder about using the Aux 2 for the
QV
instead, and what advantages or disadvantages this approach would bring.
Would it introduce a muddy, less-distinct result of output?  Is this
something one learns to put up with as a result of using a QV in the Aux
signal path?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Goodman
* Cartoons about DVDs and Stuff
* http://www.earthlight.net/HiddenTrack
* http://www.medialinenews.com

* "I speak Spanish to God, French to women, English to men, and Japanese to
my horse."
*- Buckaroo Banzai