Re: Boss DD-20/RC-20

Hi Ted... I too have had 2 DL4's die on me after pounding them with
glissing
high-regen delay-time sweeps... just about my favorite thing to do with
delays besides looping. Anyway, I'm now intrigued by the DD-20 thread and
maybe will purchase one just for kicks. I've always found Boss pedals to
sound good and be very reliable. No more Line 6 for me after 2 failures.

I used to always have a packed 10sp rack and midi and after a number of
years caved in and went small. I spent the last 4-5 years using just a
pedalboard and amp and really felt liberated. I also found that *most* of
my
looping tricks can still be steathily accomplished with a couple simple
loopers, although there's nothing quite like insert and replace on the edp.

I've now re-introduced my Boss GT-5 back into my setup, and dumped my pedal
board. I now have the GT-5, a wah, fuzz or two and experssion pedal for the
GT-5, and my Lovetone flanger as well as the edp in the fx loop. The GT-5
is
also an interesting 2 sec looper given it's extreme control over cc
parameters, all attachable to the exped. After years of using it, I'm
really
happy with my direct-inject tone as well. Finally, I can take either mono
out to an amp, or stereo out to a pa and get great sound in either
instance.
Small and versatile.

Cheers,
-Miko
"Running scared from all the usual distractions!"
Now playing 'Rough' at CDBaby.com  www.cdbaby.com/biffoz