Loop Windowing

I spent all night experimenting with loop windowing
and and couldn't get it to do it at all by multiplying
then re-multiplying, but if I did an inset first then
re-multiplied it worked. What am I missing here? (And
yes I have read the manual from cover to cover a dozen
times or more). I need some help from some of you

Is loop windowing only available if you are totally

Or will loop windowing still work if you have the
quantize set to any one of the following: LOP, OFF,
CYCLE, or 8th?
Does it matter how you set the switch quantize, or is
that irrelavant for loop windowing?

How important is the 8ths/cycle setting for loop

Do you Yahoo!?