Speaker Selector Unit

Hey, all:

Instead of buying another set of powered monitors, I was wondering what
the feasibility would be of using a single pair of monitors between two
audio sources. For example, using a single pair of, say, Alesis M1's
between an Aardvark Direct Pro and a Tascam 788. The Aardvark has 1/4 inch
and RCA monitor outputs. The Tascam 788 has RCA monitor outs.

I have a speaker switch (a Niles, I believe) that has wire only connects.
It's purpose is for stereo systems, primarily. Hence, I wouldn't want to
use it for monitoring because of potential noise, etc. I saw a Samson
amplifier/speaker selector in a local music store but couldn't see behind
the unit. Anyone using a speaker selector rig?

Regards, Paul