Re: loop subtraction

Mark Landman wrote:

> This brings up the interesting question of how to "bring the loop back
> down", it's easy to quickly build a formidable wall of sound, but much
> harder to elegantly thin it outŠ

Humm!  Good discussion.  Yes.  This is a PRIMARY difficulty with our
existing tools.  Easy to
thicken.  Hard to thin.  To reiterate an earlier statement of mine, that's
why I got a second
EDP (and want at least one more).  But that's not an "elegant" solution,
by any means!

> DSP filters and processes in the feedback loop would do this, as well as
> multi-track loopers. Any other suggestions for ways to do this?

Well, just to point out the obvious (but perhaps not obvious to non-EDP
users), the UNDO
function on the EDP lets you "unstack" sounds.

For fellow techno-computer-geeks, I'd phrase this as 1) we have linked
list style management
(i.e., the NEXT LOOP function of the EDP), 2) we have stack style
management (i.e., the UNDO
function).  We need silo (or queue) and random access functionality (IMHO).

- Dennis Leas
--
dennis@mdbs.com