Re: loop subtraction

Terry Riley invented something like that. It was essentially a multitrack
tape looper. A San Francisco musician named Paul Drescher built a very
similar system with 4 tracks and a footswitch for each track. You could
probably build one from a four track reel-to-reel without too much trouble.
It might take some design to work in footswitches, variable loop lenghtt,
etc..

Matt Davignon