Re: loop subtraction

"Dennis W. Leas" wrote:

> Mark Landman wrote:
> >
> > This brings up the interesting question of how to "bring the loop back
> > down", it's easy to quickly build a formidable wall of sound, but much
> > harder to elegantly thin it outŠ

snip

> Well, just to point out the obvious (but perhaps not obvious to non-EDP
>users), the UNDO
> function on the EDP lets you "unstack" sounds.

another method i would guess is decrease feedback (with an edp) and play a
repeating phrase... i
do this quite frequently with the boomerang ... it can take a while but i
like the effect.. you
sort of "thin out" the loop by making a thick single --- umm hate to say
it but "riff"... can
also thin to "gentle noise" like swell harmonics or scrapes etc... it
would be nice to have more
control over feedback (making me again drool over the almost mythical edp
-- effectively mythical
in this country anyway)...

cant you edp users just decrease the feedback to 0 and have whatever you
play become a naked
looped phrase again? can you "undo" this? again this would not exactly
*be* loop subtraction...

brad