Laptops (off topic)

After dissing the computer for music use for years, I'm finally getting
into it on my Mac.  But I may be interested in a PC for business reasons,
and if I could get a laptop that I could do music performance with, now
that would be interesting.

Question: anybody have experience with PC laptops for music?  Would want to
use at least ReBirth on it and get quality audio out; little concern about
MIDI.  Or: can someone point me to a list where I might get answers?
Thanks to all....

David Myers