Midi,analogue,effects,effects,effects..

Eagerly awaiting my group buy Echoplex,And inspired by Chuck Zwicky's
incredibly efficient and powerful rackmount set-up,I have been
contemplating puttting all of my looping in 1 rack.(bring it to every
gig!less then half an hour to set-up!!sneak loops into unsuspecting
environments!!!)In particular I've been looking at the Axon system and
doing most things in Midi.
1.Does anyone have experience with said device? Including the
soundboard?
2.I would love to hear the opinions of this group about their favorite
rackmount signal processers and the pros and cons of going "digital".

 Thamks in advance for your time,attention,and sonic sophistication,
                               scott  http://www.basscapes.com