Re: question

Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:

> what do you all do when your muse goes on vacation?.......i have hit a
>wall
> and it seems all i am now doing is attempting to make "silk purses out
>of sows
> ears".....throughout december i was a nova of creativity, burnt miles of
> tape.....now for the last week or so i cant even buy a new idea.......any
> methods out there to re-kindle the spark or is it just a matter of
> waiting?...........michael

my theory has been that a muse sought after makes itself scarce in a
nanosecond.
my advise, chill on trying, and go find something to do that you've
perhaps been
neglecting (fill in the blank). i often wonder if the muse departs as a
signal
that there is important business elsewhere. if you've already taken care of
whatever other stuff there is and still nothing seems to flow, maybe
striking up
some kind of dialogue (sounds horribly new-aged, but shit, if it works...)
with
that ol' bad muse and see what she wants of you. sometimes this is as
simple (or
complex) as jotting down your dreams and mulling them over in your head
(or use
an analyst if ya got one). if this doesn't prove fruitful, then getting
some
quiet time alone with yourself and trying to conjure up a voice for her
can work.
i've not had as much luck with the latter method, but i suppose more
evolved
beings can do some amazing things wit it. another approach that's worked
for me
in the past is to get out and do something physically challenging (fill in
the
blank), appropriate to your local climate zone, of course...

good luck!

lance g.