CGDAEG

Hi, all...
        Have any of you guitarists on the list ever experimented with or
are you
currently using the Guitar Craft New Standard Guitar Tuning (CGDAEG)? I'm
in the process of setting my guitar up with this tuning, which is a bit of
a task (to me, at least), since the actual high 3rd is EXCEPTIONALLY high
and tends to snap the string. It's a beautiful tuning and has already
resulted in some great ideas--although I haven't brought it into the trio
format yet.
        I was curious about anyone else's thoughts on the tuning--and would
appreciate any comments on string guages that work the best with the high
tension, approaches to learning one's way around on it (although the basis
on the tuning in 5ths feels so very, very familiar--it's wonderful to play
around in so far...) and anything else that you might have to offer about
it.
Sincerely,
Jeff McLeod
This is not here--