Re: Hi Fi Bugs Concerned about Live Performance

One idea that I think works well is to talk to your audience beforehand and
explain what you are about to do a little bit. Maybe tell them a little bit
about the piece, or how you are creating it, or some interesting things
they might listen for. Then they know what to expect and maybe how to
react, and will be a little more educated about your music before they are
introduced to it. I think people will be much more engaged and pay more
attention that way, maybe even feel a little good about themselves when
they catch one of the things you mentioned, or feel they are getting it.

Or you could just enjoy the old trick of fooling them into thinking its the
end, and just as they start to clap, go into the really loud section that's
obviously the same piece. Smile wickedly when you do this.

kim