Help! JamMan Pedal Problem

I am finding that the pedal suppled by Lexicon (with the JamMan) produces
an
audible "click" in the output when I tap it to close a loop. This seems to
happen about half the time and does not seem to relate to how hard I press
it. Could it be dirt in the switch? Any ideas how to correct this anyone?

Also - if it's simply that the pedal is "not the best" quality - can I
replace it with another type of pedal  that will operate the Tap function
silently?

Any and all help re. this is appreciated.

P. Ormandy
"drumworker@aol.com"