Re: Pt. 3

Andre-

At 12:09 AM -0800 10/29/97, Andre LaFosse wrote:
>If this Echoplex's entire collection of circuitry was indeed replaced,
>then I would have to extend a partial retraction of my criticisms to
>Oberheim, as the sound would certainly have to be an indiginous element of
>the Echoplex's software.  I've noticed this on both the original software
>and the current upgraded version, so if all of the circuitry in this unit
>was freshly installed within the last month, there's really no other
>explanation.

Based on what you described of the sound in one of the previous mails (i.e.
present during recording and when mute is on), it would seem unlikely that
software would be generating it, since digital audio is turned completely
off during those operations by an analog circuit. And since your noise only
appears when the mix potentiometer is in a particular range, and the mix
potentiometer is entirely part of an analog circuit, it would seem even
less likely to have much to do with software. Also, oddly, your description
seems rather different from what I recall you describing to me before, but
no matter. I'm probably not remembering it right.

And while I can certainly sympathize with your troubles in dealing with
Oberheim's transitional period (believe me, I REALLY know what you're going
through!), I don't think that flaming the hell out of the two guys who are
working the hardest to set things straight, and who appear to have gone to
extra effort just to make you happy, is the best approach. They are not the
problem, they are part of an effort to correct it.

Take a deep breath, and chill for a day, and then let's see if we can
figure out where the buzzes are coming from.

kim