Pt. 3

I took the Echoplex to a friend who's very handy with electronics and
soldering; he checked the connections internally and re-soldered the pots
for the MIX and FEEDBACK controls.  The anomaly was still there.

If this Echoplex's entire collection of circuitry was indeed replaced,
then I would have to extend a partial retraction of my criticisms to
Oberheim, as the sound would certainly have to be an indiginous element of
the Echoplex's software.  I've noticed this on both the original software
and the current upgraded version, so if all of the circuitry in this unit
was freshly installed within the last month, there's really no other
explanation.

If Tim Spaulding or someone else from Oberheim could please furnish me
with a precise account of exactly which parts were or were not replaced,
it would help get to the bottom of this strangeness.  The comments I
recieved, to the effect that the circuit board was replaced due to a lack
of time to search in depth for the problem, left me somewhat unconvinced
as to the depth of the repair work, but if all of the internal electronics
are new then it must be an ideosyncrasy inherent to all Echoplex units,
contrary to what had previously been stated.

--Andre