Re: The ongoing saga of Oberheim

Hello,

Personally I love this thread.

Maybe the whole concept of accountability will alter with specific lists
like this, with a return to the days of yesteryear when the customer was
always right, the customer came first, and quality really was "job one" and
not just a slogan.  I appreciate Andre's tale of exasperaton.  I myself
have
experienced the frustration myself of spending big sums of money on shoddy
electronic gear and repair work, long delay times, inept technicians, etc.
I appreciate the time and effort Andre has taken to inform this list of the
problems with such a significant looping tool as the Echoplex.

I have owned one for a few months and love mine.  It has depth and
character
that I never imagined in all my years of guitar playing.  I'm not very
adept
at using it yet, but can see that it will work for me for many years.  I
like many things about it, including the solid construction, the easy
interface,  the lack of a wart, and even the long, quality cord. It simply
feels like a first rate product.

I appreciate Tom's effort and his presence on the list.  It's not an easy
job to have one's head in the public stocks for past employer
transgressions.  Keep up the communication and the quality focus.

My thanks to Andre for the information, Tom for the dedication, Kim for the
information and Matthias for the idea. Others too, I'm sure.

Back to the plex,

Randy Jones

only to find some annoying, continual irritation th