Re: Roland gr55

Quite interesting read Hans, actually most are a little disappointed with the sounds. Im not too bothered by that tho, cos Ive never had a synth that did have good presets. My trusty GR30 took years to get to what I have now 10 usable patches. And back to arps... What is with that? On the Gr 30 there was this amazing Arpegiator, that is a staple for me, I use it everyday, and Ive still yet to try the Walker repeater trick (due to needing 2 midi merge boxes to do it).

That feature was and is for me, so innovative and musical, I simply have NOT seen anything like it on anything else. Pers recommendation of the oberheim is interesting as I tried on at a friends house once, but thats just an arpegiator. the GR30 has a programmable beat on each string, so you can really bring in and out different rhythms just by considered playing across the fingerboard.

Dont you just hate it when they take away features?

Mark

PS: Pssst... Is Per getting back into hardware? OOhh I feel a "I told you so" moment coming on...