NextLoop/LoopCopy functions

I've read about this function in the manual, but never realized its potential until Per suggested using it.

How do I go about setting up the nextloop / multiple loops function? Setting up the number of loops is easy enough, but I'm wanting to know how to do the following:

For example, this is how one of my songs starts.
Loop 1 = Single hit
Loop 2 = string sound
Loop 3 = bass line
Loop 4 = funky guitar muting
Loop 5 = hi hat / snare sound
Loop 6 = vocal line

I want to be able to remove loops 1 and loop 4, leaving the rest going. At that point, I'd like to swap loop 3 with a bass synth. Eventually, I'd want to swap the hi-hats for a drum machine. How could I go about switching/moving through the loops and copying as such?