Re: syncing RC -20xl with drum machine

Hi Mike,

Don't give up, it is possible. I have managed to succesfully time-sync my
old RC-20XL with other equipment, specifically my Soundbite Loop Sampler.

What you need to do, though, is to forget about tapping in/out on the
RC20, which would be very hit and miss, but instead use pre-determined
loop lengths, which can be saved as silent loops in the sample memory.
For instance, I created VERY accurate silent loops of 4,8,12,16 and 24
seconds in length.  It took a few hours to get the degree of accuracy I
was after, but it is possible.  The 16 second loop stayed acceptably in
sync (with my soundbite sampler set to 60bpm) for over 5 minutes.  If it
does start to drift, simply stop the RC20 and re-start at the next
appropriate beat.

Hope this helps,

Stephen
www.myspace.com/sylvianfisher