RE: MIDI foot controllers

> what flaws you find in the Ground Control Pro?
> It seems pretty full featured and very well built.

The problem I have with the GCP is that it has a limited number of
momentary switches (send note/cc when pressed and another when
released).  It does not have "banks" of momentary switches like the
FCB or AllAccess.

Switches are configured in two groups, either "instant access" which
are momentary and send CCs when pressed and released, or non-momentary
that send one or more program changes.

You can configure either 0, 4, or 8 switches for instant access and
the rest send program changes.  There are bank up/down switches but
these only affect the program change switches, instant access switches
can only send one thing regardless of which bank is selected.  This is
the main difference between the GCP and the AllAccess, with the AA you
can have banks of momentary switches.  And for this you pay another $500.

It appears to be designed for guitar rigs where the program change
banks select patches and the instant access switches turn individual
effects on and off (they can also be configured as toggle switches).
Since no one would *ever* have more than 8 effects to turn on and
off I guess they thought these didn't need banks.

For controlling an EDP-ish looper though this is a major flaw because
there are way more than 8 functions that could use momentary switches.

Jeff