RE: OT: footswitch in "tuner out"

 Yep that's correct M.    Korg DT-7 and a momentary footswitch, there may
other tuners this works with too but the DT-7 has an actual mute jack.
-----Original Message-----
From: Mech [mailto:mech@m3ch.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 11:46 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: OT: footswitch in "tuner out"

At 8:30 AM -0700 8/15/09, ditch wrestler wrote:
>I think it was a while back that somebody said by putting a latched
>or unlatched footswitch into an effect pedal's 'tuner out' plug
>would act as a kill switch, muting all that was going through the

I think I know the trick you're talking about, and you're having
trouble finding it (I think) 'cause a couple of your details are

I believe you're referring to a trick discovered by our own William
Walker while using one of the Korg tuners.  There are a couple of the
Korg models that have an input for a pedal to be used as a "Mute"
switch.  You can attach a unlatched footswitch (like a Roland
FS-series switch) into this connector and use it as a 'killswitch' to
create your own gating effects.

I'm sure that if you search back for Bill's posts looking for "Korg
tuner" you'll probably find the thread you're searching for....

"the wind in my heart; the dust in my head...."