Re: Boss looper contest in Germany

ahhhh yes, looping as an olympic sport !!!!
awesome

play by play by announcers talking quietly like at a gymnastic event

BORIS: "yes, here's ****... of Hannover, he's been looping for 3 years
now and comes from a beat box, singing and classical ukelele background.
oooooh, he started off strong with a nice reggae beat, after tapping
in the tempo himself... a lot of the younger looper are using tap
tempo I noticed Jim, whereas the older loopers are used to setting it
manually in a menu...."

JIM: "yes, I've noticed that too... something about the new equipment,
oh, he's added a fine ukelele skank part with phase shifter, a little
lagging time offset in the hip hop tradition, the judges are going to
like that.... ah yes, you see Ricoloop grinning..."

BORIS: "yes, Ricoloop, the undisputed champion of looping here in
Germany, one of our judges today.... oooooooooooh, he's added a nasal
bass and a counter melody on distorted ukelele simultaneously, that's
gotta count for extra points with the judges"
JIM: "yes, in the rules of olympic looping the more elements you add
in one pass the more points you get, especially if you make it so you
can turn them off later individually..."

(10 minutes later)

BORIS: "he seems to be going for the big end build up now with the
later multiple vocals.... ouch, he hit one bad note there... or is he
intending to go for aeolian mode over the dominant chord structure
he's set up... let's see how he gets out of it"
JIM: "ya, the judges don't really care about harmony here, they're
more concerned with the smoothness, execution and difficulty level...
but it look as if he's saved it BORIS"
BORIS: "oh yes, he, slipped the major third back in... what finesse...
I think that should count for extra foresight points... and he's
playing a little riff..AND AND AND.... wow... great ending, with a
nice reverb blast final chord... a good showing by *** of Hannover...
let's see what the judges have to say"

etc.....

Teddy