Re: More Tonal Theory: Arppegiators/Accent/Melody

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 8:15 PM, margaret
noble<margaretnoble2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
> in comes an acoustic instrument, out goes a 4 part delay, each part is in
> different semi-tones, the fist delay sound is the same pitch as original,
> the second delay sound is up 4 semi-tones, the third sound is up 7
> semi-tones up and the fourth sound is u 11 semi-tones up. So, a nice
>melodic
> sequence comes out when only one note is hit. play more than one and it
>gets
> busy and a bit unpleasant tonally. I would to configure the melodic
>delay in
> such a way so i can improvise a few notes and get some nice harmonies. i
>am
> thinking obvious that less pitch shifts are better but i am wondering if
> their are particular values of pitch shifts that are safer for playing.
>
> make more sense?

Sure, totally making sense! But it's a difficult question, not knowing
what harmonies you like. Why not do it the other way; start with a
couple of nice chords and then explore what harmonizer intervals will
create them out of one input note? You could save different channel
strip presets containing harmonizers and delays set up to generate
specific chord you like, then if you save them as Performances (done
from the channel strip menu) you will be able to activate them by a
foot pedal sending in MIDI Program Change to the computer. PC1 calling
up saved Performance 1, PC2 calling up saved Performance 2 etc. In
this context your floor pedal board becomes a instant "chord fix
shifter" for Logic. "Performances" are hardwired to be recalled by
incoming MIDI Program Change, no matter what MIDI channel or port they
come in through.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se