Re: Acoustic Guitar and vocal FXs software

Guitar Rig 3 works fine with my acoustic guitar (though an electric sounds better). The sound quality will vary with different guitars & pickups, but on the whole it's safe to say that the quality is very good.

All the effects that you mentioned Luis in your post are available in GR3. Although like any other guitar modeling software GR3 is designed primarily for distortion loving "shredders", it is not difficult to do away with the grungy stuff and get a clean sound with an acoustic -- or, with some of the ultra cool special fx like Space Echo & Pscyhedelay, to make your guitar sound like something else altogether!

If you're interested in trying it out, GR3 may still be available as a free trial download from NI. . .

If you're looking to free up space and simplify your setup, you might also consider the Rig Kontrol (sic) which comes packaged with GR3. Using this controller in tandem with the software is very easy, and with it you can control any parameter in GR3.

This is also an interface in its own right, and with two inputs and two balanced outs, as a solo performer I find that I don't need anything else, except a midi controller for Mobius. I run my guitar into one input, and a mic into the other (via an impedance adapter), and split these two channels in GR3 so that I can assign different modulations to each. My midi controller, a Yamaha MFC10, plugs directly into the RK. So far I've been using Ableton Live as the host program.

One disadvantage to GR3 is that it uses alot of CPU power -- almost 25% on my computer. This is an obvious limitation, but one probably not so relevant to live performance as to recording/studio work . . .