Re: OT: slow HD+Logic (was: upgrading my MacBook)

supposedly, defragging a mac disk is unnecessary. not sure if that's true, but that's what i heard. all the other responses address cpu primarily, not disk, so i don't know if they'd help - can't hurt, tho. (it could, in fact, be a misleading error message as so many are, and it could conceivably be a cpu problem which Logic is *reporting* as a disk problem, or a cpu problem which causes a disk problem). if cpu is the issue, it couldn't hurt to turn off any effects on the tracks you're recording until playback time....