OT:Re: AW: What's experimental?

Experimental
        (1) music for which the outcome is not foreseen (Cage)

well, if Cage borrowed the term as a label for his music then I guess
there's no argument with that. Labels are useful.

I'd imagine that a truly experimental musician would have
a whole catalogue of acknowledged failures along with
their successful works.

Surely to qualify as an experiment the outcome has to be assessed in some
way, and  preferably in some way that was decided before the experiment
was
performed.

andy butler