Re: OT: Zoom H4 bass response

When I was a kid, grown-ups would always tell me that I was going to
blow my ear drums listening or playing music too loud.  Like most kids
I didn't listen.  I'm not going to blow my ear drums. I can handle it.

Then one day I blew my ear drums....

I couldn't hear anything at all for about a week.  It took about two
weeks for my hearing to start coming back.  It's been a year since the
accident and I have steady ringing in both ears, asymmetric hearing
loss, and some frequencies I will never hear again.  Mixing is a real
bitch.  Heck, even talking on the phone is hard.  You can learn how to
compensate for the gaps, but it is not the same as the real thing.

So now I'm the grown-up telling the kids they're listening to their
music too loud.  And they don't listen, cause what could I possibly
know about music.

For a musician, hell is to never hear music again.

Watch your levels and protect your ears.

-J
jefflomas.com