Re: What's experimental?

Thats interesting Ted, I put experimental in my web tags alot and am
interested in what gets linked to the clip or tune. The search engines are
also pretty broad in their definitions.
I found this which is wonderful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK4tEPRvA24
which led me to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW0AqoWp1yI
and alot of loopers from this list from the tags looping, ambient, and
experimental
If I put experimental first or only experimental it changes everything.

If I play the same old weird stuff all the time, even though it might
still
be way out of mainstream
Can I still call myself experimental? Like my latest video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3YSMWTej6o
I call it experimental but the music and technique are old school and
nothing new. What is experimental for me in this instance is the video
itself because I am trying new things. Even that is experimental only to
me
because the effects that I am experimenting with are tried and true stock
stuff. Just new to me. Also I am experimenting with new ways to present my
sounds and video is cool for that and new and different
for me. For others its perhaps old hat.

You said:

"It's an openness . . . and something that happens in the mind . . . an
attitude . . . inventiveness.

An awareness that even the world around you is producing "music" every
moment.

Every sound you hear.

It's tuning into and becoming a part of that (for me) and inventing new
"music" right along with the cosmos."

That statment is music to my ears. Thanks Ted.

peace,

Btw, have you seen the movie Augest Rush? I got tears at the end. Sappy
and
contrived, I know.
How about The Legend of 1900? Great stuff.