Re: OT: Yma Sumac R.I.P

These blogs are great for impossible to get stuff.

Jeff
----- Original Message -----
From: Rev Fever
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 1:07 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Yma Sumac R.I.P

On Nov 4, 2008, at 1:00 AM, jayrope looper's delight wrote:

On Nov. 1. 2008 Yma Sumac has died at the age of 86.

Not exactly a looping artist but always a fave over here.

If anyone has her album "Miracles" from 71 on vynil and wants to sell: Over here, please.

Excuse the OT.

jrp
aircushionfinish.kliklak.net

Mein Gaia!   Both Yma and Jimmie Carl on the SAME day!

Curiously (or Synchronicistally? Or...?) they both passed on, on Celtic New Year's Day (Nov.1st)
I wonder of there is some kozmik significance there?  (Or....?)

I also adored Yma and have for many, many years and have several CDs and LPs. (But, not "Miracles", unfortunately)
Also, luckily for me, someone made me a video dub a few years ago, of a live performance she did at some(?) venue
in France (and Paris? Seems likely...) that was done in  either the very late 80s or very early 90's?
(I do not recall the moment, and the video is stored down in Thee Vault, here at home)

It is great! Even at the age she was when this probably rare performance was given, her voice was STILL INCREDIBLE!
Also, her "entrance" towards the stage was about as "regal" as it gets (and she was of course, dressed appropriately),
and the crowd was cheering wildly, as if they were in the presence of "royalty", which I guess they REALLY WERE!