Re: Presonus firebox and Mobius help

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 3:15 PM, L.Angulo <labaloops@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi gang,
> Is it possible to assign all inputs to specific ports on mobius for ex.
>all presonus 6 inputs into port 1 in mobius?Or do most fo you use an
>external mixer and then go stereo into your soundcard when looping
>different instruments?In testing i suppose the disadvantage of using the
>software mixer compared to a hardware is not being able to mute the
>unused channels quickly,i want to avoid at all cost having to grab that
>damn mouse!
> cheers
> Luis

Hi Luis,

I have the same priorities as you, and I did that routing in Bidule by
dragging virtual cables from the soundgard's differnt input to the
Mobius input that equals the Selected Track in Mobius. I also use
Bidule for muting physical inputs not in use.

However, that was on Windows with the Mobius VST, but now after moving
over to use the Mobius Mac beta I have been thinking about this
related to the standalone Mobius version and I'm afraid can't see a
way to do it. I will probably keep on using Mobius standalone on Mac,
because that way my "effect rig" of choice MainStage is reliably slave
syncing to Mobius, so I too need to find a way to to lead four analog
inputs into each one of Mobius track inputs.

Maybe Mobius can be upgraded with an option in the Track Setup
Configuration window to have each track fetch inputs from many
physical inputs? (Are you reading, Jeff?)

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)