Re: Presonus firebox and Mobius help

Hey per,
I had no problems routing this with my RME fireface,i set all inputs to
outputs 1 and 2 on the matrix then  went to the track setup in mobius and
assigned all ports to 1 for each track.That way i could have different
instruments plugged in on any of the inputs of the soundcard ready to go.
I recently got the presonus to try with my macbook thinking i could route
the same way but apparently is not possible.I have my the following setup:
microphone plugged to input 1,
percussion on 2
guitar stereo outs to inputs 3,4

the problem here is that i am forced to loop my voice only in track 1
precussion only on track 2
and guitar only in track 3
which can be dangerous if i start a guitar loop and i am in track one for
ex.
As for not being able to mute  channels grab faders etc. and avoiding
grabbing the mouse solution,if is not possible and have to get a mixer
then i ask myself if is really convenient and faster to setup going this
route.There is a mixer,a soundcard and a fragile laptop which have to be
sitted somehow on a flat table because i havent seen a way to mount them
all together conveniently, the less time connecting cables the better.With
my hardware setup there would be a looperlative or EDP,rackmount mixer and
perhaps an efx proccesor all connected in a rack ready to go.offcourse i
am not counting setting up the floor efx midi pedal etc.
I am sure  as far as weight and transport nothing beats a laptop flying
overseas but right now i am thinking of setting up fast "pub proof"
reliable and efficiently on a frequent gigging situation.Perhaps laptop
will be for overseas and hardware for home, right now i am experimenting
with both,see what comes out of this.
It also occurs to me that at Y2K8 there were probably 2 people only with
laptops i thought i was probably going to be one of the few with hardware
but was surprised that the majority had hardware!
Luis

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom