SooperLooper & Ableton Live EXT problem

Hi Loopers

been experimenting on my Mac with Ableton Live and SooperLooper.
It's very promising because this would allow me to use Live for "live"
looping ;-)

So, I've used SooperLooper as AU plug-in on an Ableton track.
In Ableton, I've set MIDI track/sync to "on" for input/output (SL). Then,
for global tempo I've activated "EXT" (external).

So, this more or less worked the first time.  The external "flash" was
binking. But I haven't been able to get external sync anytime after that.
(no more blinking).
I've gone through it several times and can't figure it out - any hints?

Buzap