Re: Live Looping Strategy

Quoting E Gross <slapbandjam@yahoo.com>:

> My question to those that perform live is, is each  performance you
> do completely spontaneous? Or do you start out with  a framework for
> how you want to build a song. For example, for those  who have a CD
> out, do you try to repeat songs which are on your CD?
> I realize there are probably many different answers based on
> artistic preference...

As you noted, there are many approaches to live-looping.

I compose all of my work -- every note is written out.  I automate all
of the loop actions via MIDI and VST automation.  Thus, my
live-performance will be nearly identical to a recorded performance.

While I haven't ruled out improvisation in the future, my emphasis is
on creating pattern/loop-based compositions.

All the best to you!

-- Kevin