AW: Assistance?

> I've tried messing with the rig in various ways but I keep
> getting horrible digital distortion which very well could be
> related to the behrenger (admittedly it was given to me as a
> cast off from a friend).

The way I understand you, the Behringer is an analogue console, so how
would
you get what you call "digital distortion" from it? (I guess you mean the
kind of distortion you get when you drive (cheap) A/D converters with too
hot a signal).

One device that is well-known for having not enough headroom and reacting
ugly to even very short spikes is the Vortex (Eighties' converters), but I
would believe that you already thought about that. Then of course, the
Fasttrack may also be the culprit (depending on how its inputs are
configured and with which source you hit it).

Although both the OC2 and the G# are digital devices, I would rather not
expect them to show the problems you describe - both of them have
sufficient
headroom to allow you even to feed a +4dB signal into an input designed for
-10dB signals.

An approach would be to analyze your gain structure using a VU or peak
meter
and comparing your readings with the required levels of each device. Then
use input and/or output gain where available.

        Rainer