Re: OT: In praise of Mainstage

At 10:08 AM -0700 6/11/08, info at zoekeating wrote:
>i don't use Mainstage, but the whole ordering thing has thrown me
>off numerous times... [*snip*]
>
>and don't get me started about sleep....

This is exactly what bit me during the second half of my LY2k7
performance.  Since everything depends on a quick load in/out, I set
everything up then slept the computer.  Thirty seconds later, I
realized that there was one tweek I had yet to make so I opened the
laptop back up again.  However, I'd already packed up the audio
interface, so Ableton automatically switched my preferences back to
the internal card without informing me.

Later, I started to fire up everything onstage, but quickly found I
had to punt all the laptop stuff because of no audio.  It was only
after the performance that I realized it was simply Live shuttling
everything out the wrong interface.

Grrrrrrr...  >8/

        --m.
--
_____
"take one step outside yourself. the whole path lasts no longer than