Re: In praise of Logic Express

At 8:05 PM +0100 6/11/08, Os wrote:
>I don't know - I've always found Logic utterly baffling.

Me too.  As well as Creator/Notator before it.  The interface was
always so excessively fiddly that my ADHD would force me out for a
beer before I could ever come to terms with it.

>And this is coming from someone who's been using DAWs since Cubase VST
>on my pre-Jobs Mac G3.

Likewise, I was on Atari and Steinberg's Pro 24 III, before *finally*
breaking down and grabbing Cubase at version 1.02.  I caught grief
from my friends for being a late adopter.  ;)

After Atari's demise finally sank in (I wouldn't relent for almost a
decade), I spent a few years during the 90's running Cubase on PC's,
until it finally became such a piece of bloatware that I couldn't
handle it anymore.  Didn't really come around to Mac again until
NextStep10... (uh, *cough*, sorry) I mean OSX came out.

Through all that, I still found C-Lab/Emagic's stuff too fiddly for
my tastes.  As always, YMMV.

>I find myself rarely using anything other than Live at the moment, for
>live use or for studio projects.

Three for three here.  Although there's a render bug in Live 6 that's
about to annoy me into alcoholism.  Still, it works pretty great as a
DAW otherwise, and for my purposes so far it's the best plug host
I've come across (the only other contender is Bidule, which I'd be
using if I weren't so fond of Live's reverb).

        --m.
--
_____
"Image is blasphemy. Text is heresy. The spoken word is a lie."