Re: RC-50 (and the "glitch" revisited...)

At 11:50 PM -0400 4/21/08, Patrick Suler wrote:

>If you haven't bought one yet, please research the glitch. i know
>you want to accentuate the positive, but the "glitch" and the sorry
>"fix" that Roland botched is what drove me to use it far less.
>Depending on your style, the glitch could be no big deal, or it
>could be a deal breaker. But please please please, for the love of
>all that is good and holy, PLEASE, try before you buy.

I was just thinking: It's been a couple of months since the RC-50
users here found a "workaround" for the glitch (apply the latest
software update from Roland, *then* turn the guide
track/sync/metronome off entirely, IIRC).

What is the current consensus from those who have now tried this?
Does this finally solve the whole problem with the glitch, or is it
still there regardless?

In the meantime, I've given several people the exact same warnings as
above.  I want to make certain, however, that I'm disseminating the
correct information when others ask for advice, not outdated findings.

Tanx!

        --m.
--
_____