Re: RC-50

Hi there Scott,
I have an RC-50.  It is no longer my primary looper, because my style has changed somewhat. But I do employ it. Are you considering getting one, or are you looking for ideas of how to use an RC-50 you already have?

Its strong points points:

excellent audio quality
stereo
submixer in
secondary outputs
massive loop capacity
ability to save/import/export via usb
change audio tempo on the fly (albeit with aliasing)
3 sync'd OR unsync'd stereo parallel loops
reverse
good build quality
Being mass produced, it can be easily replaced or repaired

Although it has no feedback control, there is a fellow around the list here (a European fellow) who figured out an interesting workaround, which you can find with an archive search.

If you haven't bought one yet, please research the glitch. i know you want to accentuate the positive, but the "glitch" and the sorry "fix" that Roland botched is what drove me to use it far less. Depending on your style, the glitch could be no big deal, or it could be a deal breaker. But please please please, for the love of all that is good and holy, PLEASE, try before you buy.

Hope that helps some,
Patrick