Re: (forget Electrix)

> This gives us more responsibility to communicate with the manufacturers
> too.

I see that as a good thing.  When you have a two way conversation, you
accomplish much more than have one side dictate what the other does.  I
get
tired of companies driving the creation of music because that is how their
product works.  The more companies that are willing to listen to their
customers the better things will be for everybody.  Providing a mechanism
for field upgrading firmware just seems to be a must in this day and age.
20 years ago, I would have said that field upgrades simply aren't
practical,
but now the cost of the parts required to allow this are quite reasonable.