Re: OT Need advice: Compact Flash Cards for Audio storage

Rick Walker schrieb:
> I went online to find 4 gig flash cards and found
> ones that cost $21.99 (A DATA -
>
>http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3281680&Sku=A208-1172)
>

> and ones that cost $89.99 (San Disc Extreme III  -
>
>http://www.memorysuppliers.com/compactflash.html?gclid=CKK79Mnwi5ECFScXagodeC3PFg

Actually I would not buy the online for a simple reason. There are
charges of cards/usb sticks and alike which have less memory than
advertised. All brands seem to be affected. The only way to find out is
fill it up atleast more than half of the memory and read back.

If you come across one of those, its much more convenient to have a
human dealer to deal with...

The other concern is speed. Though the prices are dropping that fast,
that its even likely you have to pay more for the slower chips, if a
dealer has some older cards which haven't been sold yet...

$ 22 seems pretty cheap, but reasonable as well...
(Next year we'll probably get an EeePC equipped with a 64 GB Flashdrive
for the same price as the 4 GB version today... ;-)

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------