Re: MIDI Help

On Jan 24, 2008 6:09 PM, Daniel Dingeldein <dgd0460@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got a Behringer FCB 1010 and am trying to use it with my Lexicon
> Jamman.  Can anyone help me on trying to get the two to talk to one
>another?
>
> Be gentle I am MIDI illiterate.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Make sure each patch on the FCB only sends the one and only MIDI event
needed by the Jamman when you press the appropriate FCB button!

The patch presets Behringer is shipping these pedals with are designed
for controlling some of their guitar amps, and this means a lot of
different MIDI events are sent out on each patch activation. Just take
out everything not needed for the Jamman.

Programming an FCB is simple but takes a long time if done manually.
Check the manual, but if my memory doesn't scramble it too much you
should first go into "Patch Programming Mode" by holding down the Down
Arrow Button for more than three seconds. When well in that mode you
step to the first menu by a quick press on the Up Arrow Button. The
stomp buttons light up now are the ones that are active in the patch
you are working on. What MIDI Event each button represent in this mode
is written on the stomp buttons. Select one Stomp Button/MIDI event by
a quick press. Again, use the UP Arrow Button to step to the first
parameter of that particular MIDI event, set the preferred value and
press the Up Arrow Button a second time to proceed to the next
parameter, set the value, etc etc. To leave Patch Programming Mode of
a certain patch you just press down the Down Arrow Button more than
three seconds again. This will take you back into "normal playing
mode" where you can push another Stomp Button to select a new patch
for editing.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen