OT: Pro Chopper (was Re: NAMM:Saturday and Sunday)

On Jan 23, 2008, at 3:54 AM, Rick Walker wrote:

> Oh yeah, I also got to debut the  Pro Chopper pedal for GiG-FX as
> the first
> endorsement I have with this innovative company and was really
> pleased with
> this sophisticated tremelo box.
>
> It has two sides,  one a square wave tremelo effect and one a more
> sine
> wavey tremelo effect that you can play separately or in tandem (which
> can allow for some really cool polyrhythmic possibilities which I
> used to
> good advantage in my show.   Combined with the Looperlatives
> 'Random Scramble' function I had some very hip 'slice and dice'
> capabilities
> with my loops..........an aesthetic I'm really fond of.

Interesting. I'd been getting interested in the new Seymour Duncan
tremolo, but I'll have to check this out. I just wish one of these
things would have the envelope sensitivity of the Line6 modulation
modeler. It's also a bit awkward having this many controls on
something that will be on the floor while I'll probably be standing
up. Given that they did MIDI in, it would be nice if it supported
presets that could be summoned via MIDI.

Mark