WAY OT re: www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp This is aEmail being Verified as a HOAX on this link to Snopes Website!!!

This is not only Off Topic and should be labeled so, but the irony
demands comment.

Internet hoaxes are sometimes created with an actual axe to grind
against a party (in this case a company with a spotty record when it
comes to labor rights - particularly the right to organize here in
NYC).  More often they are just to generate tons of lame email that
people send to their entire mailing lists without researching the
subject - exactly the way rumors spread in the non-technological world.
For example - when a hoax about a computer virus prompts people to 'send
this to everyone you know'.  Bingo! The desired effect  is achieved when
that person decides that they need to warn their friends about the
imaginary danger..

In this case our intrepid reporter not only feels compelled to act TO
ADDRESS THE HOAX and spams the list (probably as just another member of
his address book), but in the process exposes the addresses of all the
friends and acquaintances in his address book.

Dear Daniel, I think the internet has been around long enough so you
should understand the dynamics of how internet hoaxes spread and where
the risks actually lie.  In this case, I'd be more concerned with
exposing all your friends' email addresses in a post to an internet
group. (hint: there are ways to hide these when you're sending to a list
of addresses using ".BCC").

BTW Starbucks can take care of themselves.

Dan Ash
White Plains, NY