Another Sought After Effect (MAX/MSP?)

Im interested in combining two sources of audio. However, I need to
split the two signals into two bands of frequency (high and low). I
also need the crossover point to be sweep-able and the overlap or
lack thereof (like a notch filter) to also be controlled easily.
I can do this of course in Live using 2 tracks and 2 filters but
getting the settings right is laborious.
A practical application would using 2 pickups in an acoustic guitar.
Using the lows of one and the highs of the other. Phase control would
also be nice.
Would Max/MSP be capable of such device? Is there a simple solution
Im missing?
Thanks