AW: Sought after effect

> I'm looking for a stand-alone version of a pitch wheel from a synth.
> It'd let me do expressive pitch bends on anything I plug into
> it, but snap back into place when I let it go. That's it.

What I don't get exactly is whether this thing should generate MIDI pitch
bend info or pitch shift an audio signal.
If the former: one solution is the Doepfer spare wheel together with the
wheel electronics
http://www.doepfer.de/we.htm

If the latter: yes, the Kaoss Pad (any Kaoss pad) will do for that,
although
if you're more into characteristic kind of eighties lo-fi pitch bending,
the
KP1 will be your best choice.

        Rainer