Re: TimeFactor

I guess you're right, the simple phrases/verse/chorus kind of looping. But for "creative looping", why would we not want to carry notes & phrases over! Most (interesting) musical styles involve coming in before (or after) the "1" and it seems lazy to say the least not to kater for this kind of use of even a simple looper.

Ian.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 11:18 PM
Subject: Re: TimeFactor

Not really.  Companies have different ideas of what their products are designed to do than some of the users.  The TimeFactor wasn't designed as a looper--it's a delay box that has a looping function.  My guess is that they intended people to sample phrases which didn't cross the start point, which is a very common use for looping in the general populance.