Re: FS: Fostex VR880 harddisc recorder

Ooops... maybe late but..
How much are you asking for it?

Cheers,-
Raul.

2008/1/16, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill <rs@moinlabs.de >:
Hi everyone,

just clearing out my equipment collection, and here's what I found:

A Fostex VR880 8-track harddisc recorder.

Important features:
        * 2, 4, or 8 track recording modes with a total of 24 virtual tracks
        * recording format: 44.1kHz/16 bit - "CD quality"
        * optical ADAT or S/PDIF in/out
        * MIDI IN/OUT allows for MIDI Clock Sync, MIDI Time Code (MTC) and
MIDI Machine Control (MMC)
        * internal IDE harddisk, external (25-pin Sub-D) SCSI2 connector for
data storage
        * passive cooling
        * SPS (inside), works with 110 and 230 V, 50/60Hz
        * connector for punch in/out footswitch
        * wordlock connector (BNC)
        * comes with 40GB Hitachi/IBM harddisk (tested with disks of 120GB
size according to fostex forum)
        * big LC backlit display

This is a perfect companion for mobile or non-computer based studio
recording jobs. Together with an ADAT I/O (like a Fostex VC-8, the excellent
Behringer ADA8000 or for those more high-end oriented folks, a Presonus
Digimax or even RME Octamic D), you get a stand-alone multitrack recording
solution, which is also perfectly quiet (passive cooling) - great for those
classical performance recordings or acoustic ensembles. While being part of
Fostex' more "advanced consumer" oriented V product line, it has all the
features of the big D series devices, including MMC, extensive editing
functions and an excellent user interface.
Another big plus is the great stability of these devices - unlike a
computer, they will always work and never lock up, glitch or whatever, so
also make a good backup solution for a computer-based recording setup.

Comes with 40GB Hitachi/IBM harddisk drive and original set of
documentation, but without original packing. This thing is already several
years old, but, as they say, still looks like new.

I actually got two of them and will sell either one or both of them. Please
write to me offlist for offers or to ask for pictures or more info!

Thanks,

        Rainer

--
The Playing Orchestra: http://www.telefonica.net/web2/tpo