SEMI-OT NAMM QUEST REQUEST

Hi there,

I don't know who all is going to NAMM this year - certainly the Walker
boys and a few others here I'm sure.

I am trying to find someone who can do me a favor and take on an
assignment to give me the low-down on those new(ish) Mackie SRM150s.

I run into two situations in the music stores I've been in in the last
few months: either they don't stock it (and don't plan to) or they do
(or did) and they just sold out a day or two before.

As part of my on-going process of putting together a smaller (but still
powerful) looping gig I have been scouring the web in search of
hands-on (or ears-on)  opinions of these tiny (but supposedly loud and
hi-fi) personal monitors.

If anyone who is reading this message finds themselves at NAMM in the
next few days and also in the vicinity of the Mackie booth, please
check out the SRM150s for me.

I'm just trying to get an opinion from someone credible (as opposed to
some annonymous "reviewer" at some retail website).

What I really wish I could do is hear them for myself.

But it doesn't look like that's going to be possible.

At half the price and 1/4 the weight of a an SRM350 the specs make them
seem mighty tempting.

Add a similarly small subwoofer (like the M-AUDIO BX10S) and it could
be just the system I've been looking for.

And . . . if you think I'm crazy . . . that's okay  . . . you can tell
me that too.

Cheers,

Ted