Re: AW: Live Looping Interface

> What i'm trying to say is, i'm deciding between an Mbox 2 and a Firewire
>410 (and i think, i would like the mbox better, more attracting software
>package).
I have the M-Audio Firewire 410 that I use with my Dell Inspiron laptop
running WinXP.  Sound quality is great.  I use energyXT as a VST host
for softsynths and effects.  I also run an acoustic guitar and my Faux
Guitar® through it at the same time, although I can't play too many
things all at once with only two hands!  :-)

M-Powered Pro Tools is supposed to work with the M-Audio interfaces.  My
bandmate has the 1814 and both M-Powered Pro Tools and SONAR 6 Pro work
great with it.

Cheers,

Bill

Faux Guitar® is my terminology for running my bass through a Digitech
Whammy to bring the pitch up an octave.  The dry output of the Whammy
feeds a Yamaha MagicStomp and my bass amp.  The effect (pitch shifted)
output of the Whammy feeds a footswitch to pass or block the signal to a
guitar effects pedal and then feeds one of the analog inputs of the 410
which feeds the PA.   When I want a "guitar" to play the bass line with
me, I hit the footswitch.  This frees the guitar player to do other
things.  We're a three piece so it's important not to tie up the guitar
player with doubling the bass.